March 24th, 2020
Hello fellow Kitsap residents,
As I’m sure you’ve heard, last night our Governor mandated the ‘Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order due to Covid-19. Trash Transporter has been deemed an ‘essential business’ in the state of Washington, and we are open at this time.
As you may not know, this morning ALL Kitsap waste facilities were closed to the public in compliance with this order:
This includes those who “self-haul” and have opted out of public curbside disposal services. We are one of the only commercial junk haulers that has an account with the County and is allowed to use their disposal facility at this time.
We’ve discussed this matter with personnel at the Kitsap County Government and are offering our ‘Friends & Family’ discount (a discount 10% beyond our 100% money-back guarantee) to anyone who was affected by this temporary closure and chooses to utilize our services in this time of need.
Should you enlist our services, here’s what you can expect from all Trash Transporter personnel:
- We will operate in 2-person teams
- We will fully abide by the 6’ + distancing rule
- We will wear N95 masks (reused masks as we are nearly completely out)
- We will wear gloves
- Our trucks are equipped with hand sanitizer. If you’d like some, all you have to do is ask.
What we need from the public:
- Please try your best to help us adhere to the 6’ + distancing rule. We’ve had a couple instances where a customer has stuck out a hand for a handshake instinctively, but we all need to try our best to curb even the kindest of close proximity gestures for everyone’s safety at this time.
- If you need our services, but don’t feel comfortable being outside while we work, please just let us know. A Field Representative will always call you once en route to your appointment. That would be a great time to voice your concern. We’re happy to accommodate.
- Please be prepared with a credit or debit card. In an effort to increase cleanliness, we will not be accepting cash or check at this time.
- Please be patient with us. We’re looking to hire additional staff to accommodate this unforeseen influx in additional demand, and are not quite sure how much additional service will be needed. We will do our very best to make sure everyone’s needs are met.
- If it is possible for you to band together with neighbors (virtually or via phone) to consolidate a pick-up, please do. It will greatly help our route-planning and logistics, and will allow us to help more people in need. learn more Self-Hauler Assistance Program
Kitsap, we are your neighbors. We live here and it is our privilege to support a community that’s supported us for so many years.
I know this is a very difficult time, but it is through adversity that even greater bonds are formed. When we support each other, we can make it through anything. We will get through this together as a community.
Ryan Denny, Owner